Went to Shawnee Mac lakes in Salem MO on 3 - 8 - 10 to check it out as I had never fished the lakes before. Only caught one bluegill all day BUT it was still early in the year and the water temp was still close to freezing. If looks are an indication of the fishing quality it should be great fishing this year. Ziske lake is the larger of the two in area (30 acres) although it is a shallow lake. It has a lot of vegetation and was crystal clear. By looks it seems that it will be a super bass fishing lake. Turner Lake is smaller in area (17 acres) but is much deeper especially close to the south dam. It has deep holes that seem like they will produce some great catfish and other species. I will definitely be taking another trip there soon. For anyone interested in fishing Shawnee Mac lakes, Go east 2 miles on tenth street off of Hwy 19 in Salem MO. Tenth street will take you right to the entrance. There is a comfort station, picnic tables, pavilion, archery range, 2 boat ramps (one on each lake), they have primitive camping and a great boon is it's only 2 miles to town. The lakes are a MO conservation managed area. They have a 10 hp rule for WOT or idle or no wake speed for larger motors. Hopefully I will have lots of pics and some good stories to post later on. Very Happy God Bless. Dave

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 pm

MO Fish Finder

Social Links