Wow this winter sure is a fierce one. We have had 3 major snows and I think the longest we have had bare ground between any 2 has been just 3 or 4 days. I sure hate this being cooped up inside and not being able to go fishin'. Oh well until the weather warms up, I have a lot of prepping to do. I'm gonna re-line and grease all my reels and I have some lures I need to work over. I'm gonna try blood (red) hooks on a few of my fave old plugs. I have a rod that I definitely have to re-wrap and I need to make up a few crappie rigs. All this plus cleaning and straightening all my equipment should keep me busy for quite a while. I sure hope everyone else has come through the weather just fine. I hope to have some good fishin' stories to post here before too long. God Bless. Dave

Posted Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Here in Missouri we are now frozen over. In a few more days i will be able to walk on the ponds and cut some holes and guess what, fishing will be on again. I'm safe about this process, never go alone. All boat ramps are iced in and duck season is over, I really appreciate the duck hunters because they are all die-hards. They help keep the lake open and the ramps much nicer. Man just a wishing I was a fishing. Smile

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:08 pm

"Yeah, hats off to the duck hunters." I'd say we contributed to making a path through the ice this morning and well worth it with 3 limits of crappie in less then 2hrs. cant complain about having to break a little ice when the bite is on this good. Had a blast going to do it again real soon...

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Good lookin mess of crappie there gkellar. Cool

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:07 pm

"Why thank you those fish were taken over the summer, When I get a free moment I'll post some more pictures of fish i've caught around Truman Lake both below and above the Truman Dam as well as any new fish pictures from this season of cold water crappie fishing."

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Well, crappie fishing right now has pretty much came to a crawl. Unless you have the whole day to go search for one or two here and there not worth the money i spend in gas for just a couple of fish. But here in Sedalia, there is a local park that has a logoon stocked with trout, guess i'll go purchase a trout stamp so i can go catch a few. They are a blast to catch but, not my favorite choice when it comes to eating. i n
know plenty of people that do enjoy them so, i will gladly give them some. I just want to fish..........

Posted Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 am

MO Fish Finder

Social Links